Summer is finally here and with it comes the added pressure to keep your body in great shape! Everyone wants that gorgeous summer body, but have you thought about what your skin goes through during those sweaty workout sessions?
While exercise is great for your skin health (several studies show that it helps mitigate signs of skin aging), it's also important to have a workout-adjacent skincare routine! Working out with dirt, debris, and/or makeup can cause some serious damage to the skin. A post-workout routine is equally as important since your sweat-prone skin is susceptible to breakouts!
Not sure where to start? Don't worry, we got you covered.
- Step 1: Clean your face to ensure that your pores are clean. Use Organic Black Tea Cleansing Wipes. Before working out, it is good to make sure your face is completely clean of make up if possible. These wipes easily wipe away heavy make-up as well as oil, grease, and toxins. They are also portable and are easy to leave in a work out bag!
- Step 2: Grab your toner. O2 Hydra Mist is a great toner for those who work out. It hydrates the skin with natural Aloe Vera, and produces a protective barrier against harmful environmental extremes.
- Step 3: Use sun protection if you are going to go outside. Before you start exercising outside, make sure to put on EGF UV Shield as it protects your skin from harmful UV rays and aids in your skin’s rejuvenation process.
- Special Note: Don’t put too much on your skin before a workout. Your pores open as you sweat so if you have a lot of residue on your skin, your pores are more likely to get clogged, potentially causing a break out.
- Step 1: Make sure to clean your face. The Organic Black Tea Wipes are great to use in your post workout regime as well. By cleaning your face after your workout, you’ll get all of the dirt and grime and sweat off of you to prevent oil build up and acne breakouts. The Cleansing Wipes can also be used to wipe off sweat from your neck and back if you don’t have time to shower.
- Step 2: Grab your toner again. The O2 Hydra Mist can also be used as a post-workout toner since it produces a thin, protective layer on your skin against the environment. Furthermore, its hydrating property, due to its Witch Hazel, Mineral Concentrate and Aloe Vera ingredients, provides your skin with a natural glow.
- Step 3: Add moisture back to your skin by using a serum. When we work out, our skin is pumped with blood and oxygen. Once your body relaxes some of the nutrients in the skin will die down. In order to keep the youthful glow of your workout, add some more moisture to your skin by using Moisture B5 Serum. This serum helps your skin fight against aging by providing the skin with Vitamin B, which helps with hydration and skin strength. Other key ingredients include hyaluronic acid for more moisture retention, panthenol to soften the skin, and allantoin to maximize the increase in hydration.
- Step 4: Moisturize your skin. Adding a moisturizer to your skin, such as Milk Cream, can help your skin feel healthy and happy. Milk Cream is light and non-oily, so it's super effective after a workout. Your post-workout skin is full of oils, so having an oil-free moisturizer is essential. Furthermore, its soothing ingredients, such as sunflower seed oil and milk protein, helps calm your skin after a grueling workout.
- Step 5: Put on sunscreen if you are going outside after your workout. The sun’s UV rays are one of the biggest causes of premature aging. Reapplying sunblock as the EGF UV Shield is essential to put on after your workout if you’re going to do anything outside.
This workout-adjacent skincare regime is a great way to help you keep your skin physically fit! Until next time, stay radiant and work hard!