December 02, 2020
How to Prevent Ingrown Hairs
What are ingrown hairs?
Ingrown hairs are hairs that have decided to curl back as they grow and end up piercing the skin raging wicked havoc. Sometimes they are caused by dead skin cells clogging the pores, though many times ingrown hair is caused by shaving. Here are some simple ways that you can prevent ingrown hairs from happening!
- Exfoliate once or twice a week. Using scrubs help remove any excess dead skin that could otherwise clog pores and cause ingrown hair. By exfoliating, you are also able to help any potential ingrown hairs to right themselves.
- Make sure to wash your face before shaving with a cleanser in order to prevent any dirt or dead skin to get pushed into your pores. I would recommend using a Purifying Glycolic Cleanser as the glycolic acid helps the skin clear any razor bumps faster. If you have sensitive skin, I would recommend using the foam cleanser as it gently washes the skin.
- Make sure your razor is sharp as this helps make sure your shave is smooth.
- Shave either right after a hot shower or put a warm cloth over the area you are going to shave in order to open up your pores. This allows the hair to move nicer and causes less hair to turn in an awkward way.
- Make sure to also moisturize after you shave. You not only are then able to give your skin much needed moisture, but you are also then able to help alleviate the irritation that shaving has caused your skin. I would recommend using Milk Cream as it is a light weight cream that supplies the skin with moisture without leaving the skin feeling oily.
Ingrown hairs can be painful and bothersome, yet they can be prevented with simple care. If you have any other skincare questions or would like help figuring out what products would work best for you, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dermaesthetics Beverly Hills